Classic Gal

:)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Storm Warning

Last night I watched Storm Warning.  It was a whole lot better thanI thought it would be.  I've never been a big fan of Ronald Reagan's acting ability, but I think this has been the best role he has had.  Ginger Rogers was beautiful in this film.  Not, as pretty as she was in The Major and the Minor, but still very beautiful.  The ending was a bit dissappointing, though.  I mean the very last scene was Ginger holding her dead sister, Doris Day in her arms.  Very sad ending!  I wish she could have pulled through.  I guess it was showing what would happen if you do not try to rid yourself of evil.  It was one of those type movies, where you are constantly thinking, "What would I do in this situation?"
That is definately my least favorite scene. 

That's a very interesting scene.  Good acting, but scary.  I do like how she finally stands up to him in that scene.  It REALLY shows his extremely bad character.


  Probably my favorite part of the whole movie.  She recognizes her brother-in-law as one of them.
That's just a colorized photo I found of it.

Overall, I do reccommend this film.  The plot is exciting, and keeps you were wondering, "What is going to happen next?  What will she do?  What would I do in this situation?"

On a different note, I finally bought Primrose Path!

A movie poster for it.  I'm not sure what is says, though...


 I am very excited about watching it.  She looks so cute in this one.  I'm sure it's going to be good.  The National Board of Review gave her best acting for this film.  I watched a scene of it off of the Warner Archives website.    I wish it would get here sooner, now! *sigh*

Ok...Ginger fans, I have seen other bloggers asking questions about their topic at the end of their posts, so I thought I might give it at try... 

Ginger Question of the Week: What was the first Ginger film you saw?  If it wasn't one that had Fred Astaire in it, do tell the first one you saw with them together in it, too. 
The first Ginger movie I saw was We're Not Married.  The first Astaire/Rogers musical I saw was Follow the Fleet.
Pinkie

No comments:

Post a Comment