Classic Gal

:)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ginger Polls--Part Two

Hello!  It's been a while since I last posted, hasn't it? 
Anyway, I got part two of the polls going.  I think that's all of her films, if I missed one please tell me!  If you see that I skipped a few years, though, that's because she only made one movie in that particular year. 
Like in 1941, she only made Tom, Dick and Harry, so it automatically wins for that year. 

You probably don't want to hear about my personal life, but this episode I'm about to relate is kind of about Ginger (really more her dress!). 

Well, I'm in this play, and so I had to go shopping for an evening gown, since I have to wear one in the play I am in.    I found two beautiful dresses (for a resonable amout of cash =D) and one sort of looks like the one Ginger wore when she received her Oscar.
When I saw it I became a bit excited.  It's not exactly like it, but it does favor some.  Around the neck it has the same veil type thing, but with kind of long black lines that go down to the end of the veil thing, which is about the same length as her Oscar dress.  Unfortunately, the only size they had it in was an eight. :(  My mother is a pretty good seamstress, though, and she might be able to take it down seven sizes with a little needle work.  I'm hopeful she can!  Speaking of Oscars, does anybody know who votes for you to receive the Oscar?  I know it's the Academy Awards establishment, but who is in that group of people?  I was reading a book I checked out at the library titled, "Academy Awards" and it said Bette Davis was once president.  So...did she vote?  If she was president, does that mean she could nominate herself whenever she wanted to?  I'm probably missing something easy, but I just don't quite uderstand how it all works.

When I was looking up Ginger's "Oscar Dress" I came across these two (very blurry) photos of Ginger presenting the Oscar to Joan.


Those are pretty cute!

On my paper about Ginger...I began that today.    I hope this one comes easy compared to all the other IEW papers.  I love writing, and I guess that's why I'm in that class, but hopefully this paper should be FUN!  The IEW format is very strict and mandatory on style and technique and ESPECIALLY format.  I'm not talking about, "You have to have this many paragraphs, and it has to be in Times New Roman."  I mean labeling EVERY sentence as a [1], [2], [3], etc., which is to long to explain what those numbers mean, adding dressups,  etc.    So, since I love to talk about Ginger, I hope I can keep it in the model format, which in my opinion is the hardest part about IEW. Writing this blog is kind of nice to "relax" my writing.  It's nice to just write whatever you think up (even if it is not correct grammar!).
I was thinking maybe I could start my introduction with the steps to the Charleston, and then say these simple steps headed fourteen year old Ginger Rogers to fame... Would that pull you into a paper? 
Ok...I am going to stop making you read all of my blah about writing.  Sorry!  I'm still geting used to the whole blogging thing, and I will try to post something more interesting next time.

Anyway, over at Gingerology Huey announced that some Ginger movies were coming out on DVD!  I'm so excited!  I've never seen Primrose Path because I kept missing it on TCM.  I'm debating whether or not I should buy it.  Have any of you seen it?  Is it worth buying?  I'm leaning toward a yes on purchasing, now.

Ok...I am done rambling!
Please vote on the Ginger polls!
Pinkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment