Classic Gal

:)

Monday, February 7, 2011

It's My Birthday!

It's my birthday today! It's been pretty good.  I did have to go to school and take a physics test, but I'm not complaining.  At least I got an A on it!  I missed one question that I absolutely should have gotten right.  In a definition I had to write, I forgot a tiny, two letter preposition.  Who knew if you leave out the word "in" it's minus one point???  ;-)  Do you not hate it when you could have gotten a perfect score, and you make a stupid mistake like that, and you get minus one?

Some of my friends came over to my house to celebrate the super bowl yesterday.  Go Packers!  Lol.  Sorry for all you Steelers fans.  It was kind of like a birthday celebration, too.  I was showing one of my friends my Ginger Rogers' LIFE magazine from 1942, while the fellas were watching the game, and she liked it pretty well.  She's a big Audrey Hepburn fan.  I read her part of ithe magazine, and she was like, "Hmmm, she sounds pretty nice.  Almost as nice as Audrey Hepburn!"  I don't think she's converting over to a Ginger fan anytime soon, but it's nice to have your BFF into Classic Hollywood too.

As far as the polls go the winners are...
1940-Kitty Foyle
1939-Bachelor Mother
1938-Vivacious Lady
1937-Stage Door
1936-Swing Time
1935-Top Hat
1934-The Gay Divorcee
1933-42nd Street
1932-The Thirteenth Guest
1931-Suicide Fleet
1930-Young Man of Manhattan

I will try to get some new polls going for the years after 1940.

Well, since it's my birthday I thought I might post some Gingery pics.
Ah...if only to celebrate a birthday with Ginger.  FUN!


 I know that's a wedding cake, but it's still cake and it's cute! 

I might watch the Major and the Minor, or Swing Time, or Storm Warning tonight.  The Major and the Minor and Swing Time are my favorites.  I just got Storm Warning in from Netflix, so I might choose that one because I haven't seen it before.    It sounds kind of depressing, though...that's why I might go with a comedy or musical. I don't really want to be sad today. But seriously, who wants to see Doris Day die?  I haven't seen a film with Ronald Reagn in it before, either.  It was his birthday yesterday...big 100! 

Well, I'll try to get the polls going, and maybe we can get it done before July!
Pinkie       

No comments:

Post a Comment