Well, hello everyone! I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been busy, busy, busy! The dress poll had a winner..."Stunning White Suit!" I must say that is the one I voted for, but they all are fabulous! Ok, as you'all know it's Ginger's centennial this year, and it's going to be a blast. I'm looking forward to some very Gingery posts and maybe a Ginger day at TCM on July 16. Since it is a new year, I thought maybe we could kick it off with a poll. Out of all Miss GR lovers (that didn't end up being married to her) who would be best suited for her?
Howard Hughes....
GOOD: Very rich gent. Ginger thought he was as very nice dancer too. BAD: Ginger found him cheating on her. Don't know if they could have worked it out or not. That's up to you to ponder... Also he was a little demanding.
My, my, would it not have been cool if Fred and Ginger had been married?!?!
They could have danced their way to happiness. GOOD: Sweet and kind. He and Ginger dated briefly before she moved off to Hollywood. It would have been really neat if the greastest dance team ever were married. It would be like the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. Hopefully it would not have ended up the same way...I'm sure it wouldn't. BAD: BIG perfectionist. I think that sometimes aggravated her, although she was one herself. Just not quite as large a one as he was.
George Stevens. I couldn't find a pic of them together so I just used one of him on his own. GOOD: Ginger almost described him as the love of her life. BAD: Could have been hard to work with a director that was your husband. Might have been demanding.
Ah...sweet talking Jimmy Stewart.
I'm not really sure what happened between them. They won their only Oscar together in 1940. That's a pic of them with Bob Hope at the ceremony. GOOD: He was, well, just a good guy. It would have been neat to see them act together in a few more movies. BAD: If they were married, she would probably end up doing a lot of movies with him, thus starting another partnership. We all know GR loved to be out on her own.
British Cary Grant...
Ginger dated Cary Grant before she went to Paris and met Jacques Bergerac. GOOD: Ginger love to be around him, and they both had the same funny personality. Bad: Was known to spank his wives if they "disobeyed" him. We know Ginger would NOT have stood for that.
Well, those are the main fellas that I could think of. If you'all think of any more please comment and tell me! Well, Happy New Year and please vote!
Pink Ginger









No comments:
Post a Comment