Classic Gal

:)

Saturday, January 22, 2011

We Have a Winner(S)!

Well, as far as the poll goes...Fred Astaire and Jimmy Stewart tied.  Those are the two I was pulling for...I can't remember who I voted for last.  First it was Jimmy then Fred then Jimmy then ?.  I don't remember who I voted for last.  Cary came in second with one vote. Thought I had two Cary voters.  Lol. Did one of you switch over like me?  George Stevens and Howard Hughes had zero.  HH was just a BIG loser.  I don't really know that much about George Stevens, except that Ginger liked him. 
    It is Ginger's centennial this year.  I know Huey over at Gingerology has got his whole year planned out with Gingery goodness.  I haven't decided what I should do.  It may just be a day for wearing pink, eating Ice Cream sodas, and watching GR's favorite films she did, Kitty Foyle, The Major and the Minor, and Swing Time.  I WISH I could go to see her home in July, but I'll have to find some spare cash under my couch.  My whole family and I went up to Alaska for a mission trip last year, and we might go again as our trip.  I watched Kitty Foyle and Singin' in the Rain for the first time on the extremely long plane trip.  It was all worth it to be with the kids up there and teach them about Jesus, though.  

I looked up Ginger playing ping pong since I might be getting a ping pong table for my birthday, which is coming up pretty soon!  I found two pics.  In one she appears to be playing with Santa Clause...I wonder who won???
I bet she was a toughie to beat!  Here is an add I found of Lela Rogers with flowers.

I thought that was pretty neat.  Sigh...to get flowers from Ginger! 
I might celebrate her centennial with a continuing poll.  How about which is your favorite Ginger movie from 1930, 1931, 1932, etc.  Then we could all vote on all of the winners and have one big winner, which would be THE most beloved Ginger film.  I'll have to start my research. :D  Ok, I know that wasn't much of a post, but it will have to do!
                                                               Pink Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment